FEderal emergency mangement agency
Assistance with COVID-19 funeral expenses
FEMA is the Federal Emergency Managment Agency.
Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
If your loved one has passed away from COVID-19 you may be ellgible to apply.
- Social Securtiy of the deceased and the individual applying
- Copy of the original Death Certificate – Cause of death must state that the deceased has passed away due to COVID-19
- Copy of receipt from the funeral home and cemetery showing the date of when the expense was incurred.*
- Address where the death occured
- Current phone number and address of the person applying
- Annual household income
- Insurance information if applicable
*Please make sure that the individual applying for FEMA is the same person listed as the informant on the Death Certificate and/or funeral contract correlating with the person who paid for the funeral service.
To apply you may call the COVID-19 funeral assistance line at (844) – 684 – 6333. They are available Monday – Friday 9 AM – 9 PM Eastern Time. They also offer multilingual services.
Attached are two links directed to their site should you have any questions.
If you have any questions or concernces, please feel free to call us and one of our staff members will be able to further assist you.
Walk-in hours are from 11 AM – 3 PM.